The risk of being involved in an accident of some kind or the other is always prevalent. You cannot completely avoid it. An accident can happen anywhere, be it on the road or at your workplace. If you have been in an accident and injured due to the act of another person, it comes under the purview of personal injury law. The personal injury law clearly states that the victim should be rightfully compensated by the at-fault party. Especially if you are severely injured, it can disrupt your life with much damage. Injuries in such accidents can sometimes be fatal, and in such a scenario, you must hire a Newport Beach personal injury attorney.
Common injuries that arise from a personal injury are:-
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These are the most common injury from an accident and are the most fatal. It is an injury where your brain or skull suffers injuries due to a powerful physical force on that part. Such injuries are known to cause severe brain damage that affects cognitive functions. The common types of traumatic brain injuries are – concussions, brain contusions, diffuse axonal injuries, clots in the brain, etc.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord is an important part of the body and any damage to it can affect the function of providing structure to the body as well as relaying sensory information to and from the brain. These injuries are the worst kind of back injuries that can lead to permanent disability. A slipped disc or fractured vertebrae can lead to paralysis and other sensory problems.
- Neck injuries: The most common neck injury in an accident is Whiplash. This happens when the victim’s head is violently jerked during the accident and can damage the neck. In some cases, neck injuries do not show symptoms immediately but after some time.
- Fractures: Some fractures heal sooner through rest and immobilization, whereas some compound fractures need surgery. Fractures can cause temporary disability till you heal back.
- Internal organ damage: Some injured victims from the accident suffer internal organ damage like – blunt trauma to kidneys, ruptured spleen, punctured lung, internal bleeding, broken ribs, etc.
Injuries from accidents can be fatal and lead to temporary or permanent disability or even death. The pain and suffering and the damages are a lot to take in. In such cases, it is important that the victim is rightfully compensated by the negligent party. To ensure to receive maximum compensation, it is best advised to hire a reputed personal injury attorney.